Pharmaceutical or Medical Sales Cover Letter
A cover letter is another tool to sell yourself to an employer. Don’t miss the opportunity! The cover letter allows you to further interest the employer by discussing any related background and experiences you may have relative to their open position.
In sales, it is important to mention achievements in a cover letter. Everyone wants to hire a “winner.” Your cover letter will help you secure an interview. A well written cover letter will peak the interviewers’ interest in you by revealing your related experience and past experiences to their opportunity.
Below is an example of a sales cover letter:
Dear Hiring Manager:
Re: Job Title; Territory
My professional experience and educational background make me a strong candidate for your open position in this territory. Please allow me to discuss a few of the reasons why my background and skills are a match for your organization.
I possess these attributes:
- Proven track record of success
- Five years of successful outside sales experience in business-to-business sales.
- President’s Club Winner, 2007
- Rookie of the Year, 2005
- Bachelor of science degree in ________, graduated with honors; G.P.A. ______
- Hunger and eagerness to make money
- Willingness to work hard and strong desire to learn
As you will read in my enclosed resume, I have additional experience selling ____________ products to ___________________. This past experience should prove to be valuable by helping me gain physician access. Coupled with my strong work ethic and knowledge of thesales process, these skills will help me exceed the sales goals you set before me.
I look forward to discussing the position further with you. I am confident that when we meet, you will agree that my qualifications and enthusiasm make me a perfect match for this position.
For additional information on resume development visit:
Medical Sales Representative Cover Letter
Medical Sales Representatives are responsible for selling medical products to doctors, pharmacists, and medical staff. Essential duties of a Medical Sales Representative include scheduling appointments, delivering presentations, identifying potential clients, organizing events for medical staff, maintaining contact databases, making sure sale targets are attained, managing budgets, performing research, writing reports for managers, and reviewing sales performance.
Cover letter samples for Medical Sales Representative should mention job aptitudes such as:
- Knowledge of medical and pharmaceutical products
- Medical terminology knowledge
- Stamina and perseverance
- Selling skills
- Customer service orientation
- Attention to details
- A professional appearance
- Computer literacy
- Effective communication
A Medical Sales Representative cover letter example highlighting comparable skills and qualifications is displayed just below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Medical Sales Representative Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Chartier:
Success in the medical sales industry requires perseverance, profit-driven focus, and exceptionally honed interpersonal skills. As an experienced and driven professional with a proven history of enhancing sales and revenue growth while managing trusting client relationships, I stand in a uniquely prime position to significantly contribute to your objectives as your next Medical Sales Representative.
My experience in securing new clients and achieving sales goals positions me to outperform your most challenging medical sales targets. By leveraging an insightful ability to implement forward-thinking sales solutions, I excel at facilitating productive relationships with key decision makers to quickly build profitable and lasting relationships leading to sustained revenue growth.
I invite you to consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Overseeing New England sales territory for Emperion Pharmaceuticals, generating $2.4M in annual sales volume by promoting and selling a range of pharma products to physician offices, medical groups, reference laboratories, and hospital laboratories.
- Achieving top ranking within Emperion for sales performance: Top 25% (#81/354) in ’11, Top 10% (#46/354) in ’13, and Top 5% (#21/354) in ’15.
- Achieving dynamic sales and revenue growth through comprehensive knowledge of sales strategies, medical terminology, product expertise, and promotional efforts.
- Delivering dynamic presentations, building client databases, orchestrating special events, contacting prospective customers, and capitalizing on existing relationships to generate new business/upsales.
- Leveraging superior communication, interpersonal, and time management skills to achieve maximum sales and client satisfaction.
My dedication to forging solid and productive relationships, along with my steadfast dedication to achieving maximum customer service and satisfaction, characterizes my career accomplishments. These skills will quickly allow me to become an immediate producer for Holyoke Medical. I look forward to discussing in further detail how I can impact your bottom line.
Thank you for your consideration.
Michael D. Hodges